AT&T TV NOW is a live television streaming service from AT&T that was originally called DirecTV NOW. This service aims to give cord-cutters a way to watch TV, sports, and movies with an internet connection instead of a cable subscription. If you’re considering this streaming service, here’s what you need to know and how to get started.
AT&T TV NOW is a completely separate service from AT&T TV. AT&T TV requires a contract and an Android set-top box for streaming. AT&T TV NOW has no contract and is compatible with major streaming devices, such as Roku and Fire TV.
What Is AT&T TV NOW?
With AT&T TV NOW, stream your entertainment to your television with the help of a Roku, Chromecast, or Amazon Fire TV device, or use it with a fourth-generation Apple TV or a Samsung Smart TV. With the AT&T TV NOW app, it’s even possible to cast content, including photos and videos, from your phone to your TV.
Take your AT&T TV NOW entertainment on the go by streaming directly to your iOS or Android mobile device, or stream to your computer in the Chrome or Safari browser.
What Do You Get and How Much Is It?
AT&T TV NOW is known for its wide variety of channel options, but what you get depends on what package you buy. There are no contracts, subscriptions, or fees, aside from your monthly package price.
The Plus package, which costs $55 per month, has more than 45 channels, including your traditional TV lineup of ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, and more. The Max package ($80 per month) offers more than 60 channels, including premium channels such as HBO Max and Cinemax.
The Entertainment package runs $93 per month and ups the channel count to 65. Choice ($110), Xtra ($124), Ultimate ($135), and Premiere ($183) packages range from 85 to more than 140 channels. The Optimo Mas package is a great option for Spanish speakers, offering more than 90 channels at $86 monthly.
While AT&T TV NOW’s prices are higher than similar services, such as YouTube TV, the available channels are impressive, and you’ll have access to all the premium channels, including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, and Epix, though you may have to pay extra, depending on your base package.
There are also extras and add-on packages for movie buffs, sports fans, Spanish-speaking sports fans, those who want international TV, and more.
Local Channels on AT&T TV Now
While the major networks are included with each package, the availability of local network shows and regional sports programming depends on your location.
AT&T TV NOW has a handy local channel listing tool where you can make sure of what’s available in your location for each package tier. If a channel isn’t available where you live, you still may be able to access on-demand content from that channel.
DVR, Cloud Storage, and Device Number Limitations
With some AT&T TV NOW packages, watch streaming content on up to three devices at once. Other packages are limited to two simultaneous devices.
Most AT&T TV NOW packages allow for 500 hours of cloud DVR storage; the service will save your recording for 90 days.
Visit AT&T TV NOW for full details on packages, channels, add-ons, and pricing.
How to Sign up for AT&T TV Now
Signing up for AT&T TV NOW is fast and easy, and it includes a weeklong free trial period. If you don’t want to continue, make sure to cancel before the end of your trial period, or you’ll be charged. Here’s how the signup process works:
If you are an AT&T or AT&T Unlimited customer, check for special pricing and deals.
- Navigate to the AT&T TV NOW website and select Start Streaming.
- Browse available packages. When you find one you want, select Add, then select Continue.
- Select any add-ons you want, and then select Checkout.
- You’ll be prompted to create an account. Enter your information, accept the terms of service, and then select Continue.
- Select Continue to Payment.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select Start watching to get startedAdd additional channels or change your package at any time.
Watching Live Television on AT&T TV NOW
When you turn on AT&T TV NOW, it automatically starts playing a live channel. To see your current viewing options:
- Select Guide from your home screen.
- Browse available programs and select the one you want to watch.
- Your show will play automatically.
Record and Watch Your Favorite Shows
Record any shows you’re interested in, and then watch them at your convenience. Here’s how to record a show:
- From your home screen, select Watch Now, Discover, or Guide.
- Locate a show or movie you want to watch, and select it.
- Select the Record Series button on the episode or movie you want to record.
- Select All Episodes or New Episodes, and then select Record This Series.
- AT&T TV NOW will record your show when it airs, and you’ll be able to access it via My Library at your convenience.
Access AT&T TV NOW’s On-Demand Content
AT&T TV NOW has a growing library of on-demand content. Often, new episodes of network programming are added as soon as 24 hours after they air. Here’s how to access and watch on-demand content on AT&T TV NOW:
If you’re looking for something in particular, use the search bar to find shows, movies, or networks.
- From the home screen, select the Discover tab.
- Browse through the available programs, movies, and shows.
- Select a show to find out more about it. Select Play to watch immediately, or select Bookmark to come back to it later.It’s possible to pause, rewind, and fast-forward on-demand content, but many on-demand shows have ads that you can’t skip.